Saturday 3 October 2015

(Comic) Be vewy, vewy qwiet......a look at Batman: Hush




Many thanks to Josh and John over at Gotham Knights Fan Films for this recommendation! Give their facebook page a like. https://www.facebook.com/GothamKnightsFanFilms

As a kid, I grew up watching the Tim Burton Batman films. The music in those films was awesome and I was always running around like I was in the Batmobile.

Funny story, when I was 5, I tried to leave the house dressed as Batman to fight crime. At like, midnight. 

I was the night....until my mum tried to catch me leaving the house. 

In any case, let's talk about Batman: Hush.

This story follows Batman and his quest to find the person messing with him and his city. It features a large cast of heroes and villains that are intricately interwoven throughout the plot. In the story we see Killer Croc, Harley Quinn, Clayface, the Joker, amongst. This also includes Oracle, Nightwing, Catwoman and Red Robin.

As we follow Batman, we learn more about his childhood friend and how a man wrapped in bandages is using him like a puppet on a string. We see the bandaged man, who knows so much about Batman that we wonder who he truly is.

What's brilliant about this comic's writing is that you never truly know who Hush is until the very end. You're lead on a merry journey that immerses you in all the Batman lore or at least a lot of it. 

What's more is that I like the dynamic between Batman and Catwoman. While yes it's a heteronormative relationship, Catwoman is her own woman. Yes she takes orders from Batman in some instances, but she's still her own woman and it's great to see her exercise her own power. The fact she keeps Bruce on his toes is super important and I respect the writer a lot for that.

I loved this comic and would love to check out more. 

So I'm going to give it 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment